Equity in the Classroom

Our class was discussing equality versus equity and I asked them to create something with their opinion of how we achieve equity in the classroom. Their responses are always insightful! Here are a couple of them:




Student choice has always been an integral way I work towards equity in the classroom. When students can choose what they want to learn about, chose the method for learning, and the product produced, I feel their needs are better met. Different learning styles are accounted for, as are interests, abilities. Students are engaged in their learning as they have some control of it and they are receptive to it. 

The work time given in class is crucial to success. During this time, I can individually conference with students, provide specific help, direction and feedback.  Student achievement is higher and students are enjoying learning. When I reflect on these situations I only see positive student growth, which supports my continued application in the classroom. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment